Working some circular motions over the contours of your face brings major benefits for your overall complexion. If you are not using any facial massage technique yet, start as soon as possible. I advise you to perform facial massage as often as twice a day.
Why is face massage important?
Benefits of Lymph Drainage Massage
What Happens if You Don’t Massage the Face?
Activating your muscles every day can help create a more toned appearance in the long term. Key times to perform your massage are before you go to bed at night and first thing in the morning.
Who Invented Tanaka Face Massage?
How Do You Give Yourself Tanaka Face Massage?
1. Apply some moisturizer on your face, you don’t want friction while performing the massage. The cream you normally use or some oil that won’t clog your pores is great for this.
2. Warming-up the lymph: stroke the side of your face with three fingers from the temples to the collarbone, then from the middle of your forehead to the collarbone; both sides three times
3. Slide your fingers from the other corner of the eyes, making a circle around the eyes. Then start at the inner corner of the eyes, slide outwards, and drain downwards toward the collarbone. Repeat 3 times.
4. Massage around the mouth 3 times.
Massage around the soft part of the nose 3 times.
Massage the hard part of the nose 3 times.
5. With one long move from the chin, around the mouth and nose to the temples, drain excess liquid and fat from your face. Use the entire palm for maximum results. 3 times
6. Place one palm on one cheek while starting to drain the other cheek from the bottom of the cheek diagonally to the inner eye corner, then drain downward. Repeat 3 times, then do the same on the other side.
7. Drain your cheeks to the side and down.
Start at the top of your cheeks and drain with three fingers. 3 times
Move downwards and drain with your with the lower part of your palm (the base of your thumb). 3 times
Move to the corner of your mouth, bend your head downwards and drain with the bottom of your palm. 3 times
Finally, put the bottom of your palm in the middle of the chin and drain towards the ears. Make sure you are draining the entire jowl. 3 times
8. With index finger and thumb, remove all the impurities from your face. Drain from the temples to the collarbone. Repeat 3 times.
9. Zigzag with your fingers on your forehead, from left to right and vice versa, then drain. Repeat 3 times.
And you’re done! Enjoy your fresh and energized face!