If you can stick to your diet, you are already halfway to reaching your goal.
Try to make it work without buying new and complicated ingredients. Use whatever you already have in your pantry.
Sure, you can buy almond flour and use it in place of wheat flour – but you can cross that bridge when you get there.
Start off with dishes you already like – if you like meat, cut the side dish at the beginning. If you feel you are missing something, look up keto recipes and see what low-carb side-dishes you can choose from.
The first swap I made on keto was replacing sugar with erythritol. And that was probably the only swap I needed to make in the long-run.
If it works for you, be as minimalistic as possible.
Below are some tips on simple meals that will make your keto journey a success.
- Scrambled eggs
- Eggs with bacon
- Boiled eggs and mayonnaise
- A bowl of salad with cheese/salami cubes
- Cheese roll-ups (filled with cream cheese, salami, and seasoning of choice)
- Cheese, cold cuts and olives
- Avocado and salmon
- Dark Chocolate
- Salad sandwich (instead of bread, use lettuce leaves)
- Veggies (bell peppers, cucumbers or celery dipped in cream cheese)
- Berries with whipping cream
- Pork rinds
- Beef jerky
- Coffee with cream
- Bulletproof coffee
- Chicken, cabbage, and mayonnaise
- Boiled eggs, mackerel, and spinach
- Zucchini pasta with avocado sauce (guacamole)
- Fathead pizza
- Butter-fried broccoli
- Smoked salmon + avocado
- Mushroom omelet
- Protein (meat) + butter-fried vegetables + green salad
- Grilled or roasted vegetables as a side dish
- Replace rice with cauliflower rice
- Replace mashed potatoes with cauliflower mash
- Replace pasta with zucchini pasta (sliced zucchini)
- Replace french fries with crumbed eggplant